The Interior Design is a challenging course of study for students preparing themselves for a career in a field with enormous possibilities and potential.
Interior Design at UID is the best learning track. Ahmedabad is considered to be ‘Design City’ of the nation. Many designers of national and international repute are from this city. Since its inception, UID is being recognized and Awarded on various national and international forums of repute.
The interior design program is an architecturally oriented program with emphasis on spatial design as well as surface embellishment. All aspects of space—scale, proportion, configuration, and light source, as well as textures, materials, and color—are studied in relation to their effect on the human spirit.
Students begin their interior design studies in the sophomore year, working in a stimulating studio setting where the learning is collective, cooperative, and competitive. Students work closely in small groups with their seasoned professors on projects that develop in size and complexity through the different semesters of design studio.
The senior year culminates with a thesis project; students develop a body of research on a particular issue of the interior in the fall which they then develop as a design project.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of the many courses offered at UID that will enable them to fully develop their interests and talents. Studio electives may be chosen from any department in the Institute; an enormous menu of courses is available for the pursuit of individual interests.
- As an interior designer one will be trained to design and decorate interior spaces. There are interior designers who also work with architects in order to plan how a building can be constructed.
- The main job of an interior designer is to prepare layout plans as well as prepare models. They also need to keep updates about the materials available in the market for the designing purpose.
- They also provide guidance regarding the use of colours, fabrics and decorative materials in order to create an appealing and functional interior.
- They are also responsible to sketch blueprints which mainly include structural features.
- Interior Designers work with architectural firms, builders, public work departments, hotel chains, metropolitan development, studios and theaters and exhibition organizers. etc. They also start their own ventures.